BSN, RN, CDE, GCertDiabEd
Ryan completed his Nursing Science degree overseas in 2005 and moved to Australia in 2007. He then studied at Deakin University, Burwood to have his qualifications recognised in Australia. A year after he completed his study at Deakin University, Ryan commenced a post graduate degree in Diabetes Education and Management. He then started working on his credentialing and after 2 years, became a Credentialed Diabetes Educator whilst maintaining a full membership with the Australian Diabetes Educators Association.
Ryan has worked at the Alfred Hospital and was a Clinical Nurse Consultant in Diabetes Education in one of the regional hospitals in Victoria. He was also a Diabetes Coordinator and Advisor for one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world at their satellite office in Melbourne.
Ryan has training in oncology, haematology and chemotherapy nursing at Peter MacCallum Centre and used to work as an Associate Nurse Unit Manager in some tertiary referring hospitals in Melbourne’s southeast.
He also conducts several Diabetes Clinics around southeast Melbourne. Ryan joined the Eastbound Medical Clinic team in October 2016 and is excited about sharing his knowledge and expertise as well as learning from them.
He consults every Friday (all day) and Wednesday morning fortnightly.
Ryan’s services include:
- Type 1, type 2, pre diabetes/ Impaired Fasting Glucose and Gestational Diabetes
- Insulin initiation and titration/stabilisation
- New medications, medication reviews and latest treatment options
- Diabetes equipment and gadgets
- Diabetes complication prevention
- Annual cycle of care, travelling, hypoglycaemia, hyperglycaemia, NDSS
- Care planning and reviews
Download CDE flyer »